The Enrollment Form Batch Upload functionality allows aggregators to create and/or update one or more enrollment forms simultaneously using a CSV file upload. The batch upload functionality supports all actions allowed via the User Interface (UI) except for uploading a signed document. Aggregators will need to manually upload signed documents or utilize the online approval process to complete/submit enrollment forms.
The data requirements for submitting and/or updating multiple forms using a CSV batch upload can be complex, so please make sure to review the details below.
Aggregator Enrollment Forms Report
The Aggregator Enrollment Forms report serves two main purposes relating to the enrollment process. First, it provides aggregators with information about submitted enrollment forms, e.g., has has the form been approved, when does the online approval link expire, etc. Second, it serves as a template for the Enrollment Form Batch Upload. The Updated After value in the report parameters is used to show you only enrollments forms that have been updated after the date entered. Note: Even if a form is still in a pending status the form will not appear if it has not been updated after the date entered.
The report results will provide you with a lot of information about the enrollment forms you have submitted. The key fields to help you manage your forms are listed in columns 4 through 10 and include: Form Status, Customer Link Expiration, Customer Rejection Reason, Customer Rejection Details.
Batch Upload File Contents
It is recommended that you enter at least one enrollment form manually and then view the Aggregator Enrollment Forms report. Again, the report acts as the upload template and populates the CSV with columns and data you will need to fill out for adding forms via the batch upload. To obtain the template in the correct format, download the report as a CSV via the disk icon on the top of the report screen. Note, if you are working in Microsoft Excel, you will have to explicitly select Save As and save the file as a CSV (Comma Delimited) file. Excel often will convert a file to .txt format if you just hit Save after opening the file.
Business Rules and Validations
- Only one form type can be contained in a single file. E.g., you must submit CBP Add and CBP Update forms separately.
- When submitting updates to existing forms, you need to include the Form_ID and Form_Detail_ID values created and assigned by MarketSuite. This will be displayed when viewing the Aggregator Enrollment Forms report.
- Each row in the CSV represents a SA that is on an enrollment form. Non-SA specific enrollment form fields/data must be duplicated for each row that belongs to the same form. Eg., if a form includes 10 SAs, the customer and aggregator information should be duplicated 10 times.
- For some programs, initiating the online customer approval process is a two-step process to ensure that forms are created correctly before sending out emails to customers. The first step is to Save an Enrollment form as a Draft via batch upload or UI. Once it has been saved successfully and the Form_ID and Form_Detail_ID have been added, you can then initiate the online approval. The basic steps are to (1) create the new Enrollment Forms, (2) download the Aggregator Enrollment Forms report with the system-generated IDs, (3) update the form action to “Initiate Online Approval”, and (4) upload the CSV file to initiate the online approval process. Note: SCE's SEP and TIP enrollment forms and PG&E's residential enrollment forms are submitted in one step. The action should be "Submit" for these forms.
- While not all fields in the report are required, the columns should be included so don’t remove any columns from the file.
- For Update and Delete/Remove forms, only SAs currently active in your portfolio can be included on the form.
The following bullet points identify the columns included in the batch upload and whether data is required. Since the Enrollment Report serves as the template, a number of fields are informational as part of the report and aren't required when creating/uploading new or updated enrollment forms. Those fields can be left blank.
- Form_Name (Required): This is the type of form. Only one type can be submitted per batch upload.
- Form_Alias (Required): This field is required when using the batch upload. The value can be whatever you would like, but it must be unique for a given form you are submitting, as it is used to group the SA rows onto the correct form.
- Customer_Name (Required)
- Form_Status (N/A - Will populate correctly when viewing report)
- Last_Status_Update (N/A - Informational)
- Notifications_Generated_at (N/A - Informational)
- Customer_Notification_Status (N/A - Informational)
- Customer_Link_Expiration (N/A - Informational): IMPORTANT - Identifies when the customer link to the Online Approval Portal will expire.
- Customer_Rejection_Reason (N/A - Informational): A pre-defined rejection reason.
- Customer_Rejection_Details (N/A - Informational): Free text entered by the customer.
- Form_ID: Leave Blank for New Forms. Required to update existing forms (will automatically populate when viewing report).
- Form_Action (Required): Accepted Values: Save, Delete, Submit, Initiate Online Approval, and Cancel.
- Note: You can only use the Delete action for forms in Draft status.
- Note: Use the Initiate Online Approval action to resend online approval requests if the customer did not receive the initial email or the link has expired.
- Note: Initiate Online Approval action is only applicable to non-residential forms.
- Customer_Authorized_Representative (Required)
- Customer_Authorized_Representative_Title (Required)
- Customer_Mailing_Address (Required)
- Customer_Phone_Number (Required)
- Customer_Email_Address (Required): This is the email address that will be emailed with a link for Online Approvals.
- Aggregator_Name (Required)
- Aggregator_Authorized_Representative (Required)
- Aggregator_Authorized_Representative_Title (Required)
- Aggregator_Mailing_Address (Required)
- Aggregator_Phone_Number (Required)
- Aggregator_Email_Address (Required)
- Effective_Date (N/A): Leave blank. Submitting an enrollment form with an effective date is not currently available for any programs supported by MarketSuite.
- Submitted_At (N/A - Informational)
- Aggregator_Comments (Optional): These comments will be saved and viewable by aggregators and Utilities in the report and UI. They ARE NOT displayed to customers in the Online Approval Portal.
- Reviewer_Comments (N/A - Informational): Displays comments entered by either the customer or Utility depending on who reviewed the form.
- Private_Reviewer_Comments (N/A - Informational): Displays comments for Utility only. Aggregators will always see null in this field.
- Form_Detail_Id: Leave Blank for New Forms. Required to update existing forms (will automatically populate when running the report and downloading CSV as a template).
- Service_Account: Leave blank for PG&E Add forms. Required for Remove or Update forms.
- Service_Agreement: Required for PG&E Add forms. Optional for PG&E Remove or Update forms.
- SA_Name (Required)
- Address (Required)
- City (Required)
- Zip_Code (Required)
- Prohibited_Resource (Required): Accepted Values: No, Yes - Will Use, Yes - Won’t Use.
- Num_Prohibited_Resources (Required if resource present): Accepted Values: numbers 1-100.
- Prohibited_Resource_Cap_Breakdown_kW (Required if resource present): Provide a comma separated list. The number of resource capacities must match the number of prohibited resources. E.g., if there are 3 prohibited resources an accepted value would be “50,100.5, 25.7”.
- Total_Nameplate_Capacity_kW (Required if resource present): Total sum of prohibited resource capacity. The aggregation of the prohibited_resource_cap_breakdown_kW field.
- Meter_Code (Optional)
- FSL_KW (Required for BIP only)
Once the file contents have been updated, you will upload the file into the system by navigating to the File Upload UI. Select File Upload from the Applications menu to access the File Upload UI. If you do not see the File Upload selection in the menu, please contact your APX program administration to add the appropriate rights to your login profile.
The File Upload UI will be displayed with the upload parameters displayed across the top of the UI. Select CBP-PG&E as the Region for all PG&E form types. Select Demand Response as the Category and PGE Enrollment Forms as the File Type. The Begin Date is assigned to the file to allow you to find/view it again when pressing the Find Uploaded Files button. Otherwise the date selected is insignificant.